Duel of Ages II with Master Set Exp. (Pre-Loved)
Playing Time: 150 Minutes
Duel of Ages II is a time-scramble board game played between two opposing sides each having 1 to 4 players, with uneven size allowable. Each side controls a selected team of 8-12 characters from different ages of time: Ancient, Colonial, Modern and Future. The goal is to win greater glory in overcoming adventures and in tactical combat than the opposing team.
Although multiple styles of play are available, the standard DoA game-play involves seven phases:
- Selection of each side’s team of 8-12 characters (kept secret).
- Building of the interlocking puzzle map to best suit your character’s skills.
- Selection of a Team White and a Team Black based on character Respect.
- Revealing and equipping of characters.
- Bringing characters onto the map based on Respect.
- A sequence of game rounds where characters maneuver on the map to accomplish adventures, hunt enemy characters and avoid dangerous situations.
- Counting of total achievements won. The team with the most achievements wins.
The game can end at a certain time or after a certain number of rounds.
Game play is an unusual mix of tactical wargame-style combat, treasure gathering, and non-combat character teamwork and adventuring, and has no close comparison to other games. Differences between characters are significant, with many having poor fighting skills. Game play and winning is therefore an act of balancing fighting, treasure-gathering and adventuring.